Saturday, March 6, 2010

In all our .... command.

I get it. They want to change the anthem for us gals, so we can feel better about ourselves?!? Yay for our government. They finally realized that we are here and contributing. Finally, we get to be included in our anthem! Thanks Canada. 'In all our hearts command.' has a really nice ring to it.

Here is what I don't get...why now? That's really what they came up with, while they were on vacation...ahem I mean prorouged. It's a very nice gesture. As a woman, I want to be included and recognized. Especially in something as special as our national anthem. I'm a little confused at the timing, aren't there bigger things going on?

This is just another way that the government is trying to distract us. I'm a parent, I get it. They are giving us something to make a big deal about. So that they can go on and do what they need to do. By the time we are done trying to figure out what to do about our anthem, it won't matter anymore. All the bills will have passed. We won't even notice. we will be too busy trying to figure out how to sing our anthem.

My husband said it all when he said, "Do you really think that all those athletes that stood proudly on the podium, in their home and native land, really thought...this is nice and all, but I really wish they'd make a few changes before the next games.

No comments:

Post a Comment