Thursday, March 4, 2010

My vagina is angry!

Well, not mine exactly...mine is only angry sometimes. When it has to be. Only when it matters.

How did I get myself here? I am not sure. But I'm here now, and I am having such a great time! A friend and I have joined the cast of, The Vagina Monolouges. At first I was pretty quiet about it, but the more I go, and read those stories, I feel everyone needs to see it! I love my part. She has a special way with words that I can appreciate.

Lately I have wondered, what I would say if asked...it's definately something to think about.

If I had to write it now, it would have to be about motherhood...I think that would be my topic. More specifically, my journey into motherhood. The last 23.5 hrs to be exact.

My vagina is a little confused. It's not really sure what it did wrong. It was ready, was it ever. It wanted that baby out! It wanted to have that baby so badly, by itself, near home, no drugs!

We had to go via ambulance to a nearby city. They needed to give me drugs, it was taking too long. What?! No I can do it. I was almost ready, my vagina would have been ready. The doctors were impatient, they tried to rush my vagina. They poked and prodded, induced, reduced, poked some more, walked, restrained, poked, and stretched. They gave up! I had to give in. My vagina has been a little sad ever since. It never got the chance to show how wonderful and powerful it could be, it tried, it really really tried, it tried for 23hours! But in the end, surgery won.

My vagina hopes to get another chance, to be able to prove that it really can do it, if we give it a chance. We just need to really listen to it. Let it show us.

That would be mine.

At first, I was doing this to help other women. I wanted to help give a voice to women that could not speak for themselves. To give back to my community. Now it starting to turn into something that I am also doing for myself!


I found a video of a woman doing a version of the monolouge I will be reciting. (if you are at work or with kids, you may want to turn the volume down!) She does such a wonderful job. I couldn't agree more about the 'cold duck lips.'

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment