Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Wierd and wonderful Wednesday's


Lofa has been in cloth diapers since he was 2 weeks old. I don't think I could even try to count how many sh*tty diapers we have changed, washed, and folded. This is all done in the name of healing our Mother Earth...one poop at a time! All this service, I wondered when will there be a reward for all my good deeds?

It never fails, Karma always has a way of answering my questions. Sometimes the answers are very clear, sometimes I need to think about it, before I really catch on to what is really being said. This story is a case of Karma having a really good sense of humour:

Here we go again. This is what I think everytime Lofa poops (sorry this post really is what you think it is, a post about poop...if you don't like poop...I hope for your sake you do not have kids. If you like poop, or pretend you do in order to get through the day...keep reading.) You see, my son HATES diaper changes, especially poopy ones...if he pees, we go somewhere, he lies down (sometimes he even places the diaper down and sits on it?!) he is a little squirmy, but OMG don't even dare try to change that poopy diaper...another issue is that the worst poos always happen when I have either a) run out of liners b) forgot to use a liner. Yuck. So on this particular day, we went through the whole diaper ritual, which is as follows;
Lofa being carried up the stairs, very unhappy. Place him on the change table. He tries to escape then, pretends to cooperate. then attemps to escape, again. Finally the new diaper was on!

As I was dumping the diaper in the toilet, I noticed something...my reward! A glittery, perfect GOLD STAR!

I had to laugh. This message was pretty clear:

Stop doing it for the rewards! They are not what is important...but here's a gold star, keep up the good work!

No comments:

Post a Comment